Welcome to the Palace of the Governors!
Originally constructed in the early 17th century as Spain's seat
of government for what is today the American Southwest, the
Palace of the Governors chronicles the history of Santa Fe, as
well as New Mexico and the region. This adobe structure, now the
state's history museum, was designated a Registered National Historic
Landmark in 1960 and an American Treasure in 1999.
Hours & Admission:
Hours 10 am to 5 pm daily, May through October; closed Mondays November through April.
Open for free 5 to 8 pm Fridays, May through October, and first Friday of the month, November through April.
- School groups FREE
- All NM residents FREE on Sundays with ID
- NM senior citizens age 60+ FREE on Wednesdays
- Children 16 and under always FREE
- Museum of New Mexico Foundation Members FREE
- Friday evenings 5-8 pm FREE
- Students with current ID $1 discount
- Single visit to one museum: NM residents $6, non-residents $9
- Group rate for 10 or more people: single visit $6
Contact Rene Harris at (505) 476-5087 to make a group reservation. Group reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Free Docent Tours are available daily.
To confirm schedule, call the museum's front desk at (505) 476-5100.
- Self-guided visits to the Palace of the Governors and/or New Mexico History Museum are available daily. There also may be special self-guided activities. Please ask the front desk when you arrive. To schedule a self-guided tour please call (505) 476-5087 or email email@example.com.
Downtown Walking Tours:
- Meet at the Blue Gate on Lincoln Ave.
April through October
Treasures of Devotion/Tesoros de Devoción
Contains bultos, retablos, and crucifijos, dating from the late 1700s to 1900, demonstrating
how European traditions and iconography combined with new palettes,
different styles, and regional designs to transform New Mexican santo making into a unique artform.
on long-term display
Oct 14, 2015
CreativeMornings tackles social issues: Sam Scarpino on Shock
Oct 18, 2015
Cowboy Balladeer Don Edwards Presents The Legend of Jack Thorp
Oct 22, 2015
Dinner with Daggett
A special Fred Harvey event
Oct 25, 2015
Harvey Girls Revisited
Oct 30, 2015
Halloween Tricks, Treats, and Ghost Stories
[ all upcoming events ]